1. cloth noun (klȯth)
material used for making clothes, curtains etc that is made by weaving fibers
2. couple noun (kə-pəl)
two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired
3. experience noun (ik-spir-ē-ən(t)s)
direct observation of or participation in events as a basis of knowledge
4. fact noun (fakt)
the quality of being actual
5. future adective (fyü-chər)
events that have not yet taken place
6. internet noun (in-tər-net)
a computer system that allows people in different parts of the world to exchange information
7. information noun (in-fər-mā-shən)
the communication or reception of knowledge or intelligence
8. operation noun (ä-pə-rā-shən)
performance of a practical work or of something involving the practical application of principles or processes
9. result verb (ri-zəlt)
to proceed or arise as a consequence, effect, or conclusion
10. chance noun (chan(t)s)
something that happens unpredictably without discernible human intention or observable cause
Give the word being asked for each number.
_________ 1. the communication or reception of knowledge or intelligence
_________ 2. to proceed or arise as a consequence, effect, or conclusion
_________ 3. to make apology for; to try to remove blame from
_________ 4. preserved from a past geologic age
_________ 5. something that happens unpredictably without discernible human intention or observable cause
_________ 6. performance of a practical work or of something involving the practical application of principles or processes
_________ 7. an act or the time of eating a portion of food to satisfy appetite
_________ 8. a male partner in a marriage
_________ 9. superiority of position or condition
_________ 10. the act or process of governing; specifically : authoritative direction or control
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1) Stephanie needs a/an __________ for her knee injury.
2) The __________ gave new information about the disease.
3) Her husband is good at making __________.
4) There are so many ____________ of eating a lot of vegetables and getting plenty of exercise rather than eating a lot of meat and sitting the whole day.
5) These animal __________ were found in Africa.