1. Visit verb [viz-it]
- to go to a place for a short time
2. Send verb [send]
- to cause something to go from one place to another, especially by post or email
3. Fall verb [fawl]
- to move downward, to drop from a higher place
4. Give verb [giv]
- to offer something of your own to another person or thing
5. Ride verb [rahyd]
- travel in or on a car or bicycle to go somewhere
Give the word being asked for each number.
_____ 1. to offer something of your own to another person or thing
_____ 2. travel in or on a car or bicycle to go somewhere
_____ 3. to cause something to go from one place to another, especially by post or email
_____ 4. to move downward, to drop from a higher place
_____ 5. to go to a place for a short time
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1) My friend is in London now. She will _____ me a postcard.
2) It’s fun to _____ a motorcycle. Don’t forget to wear a helmet.
3) My grandmother is sick. We will _____ her in the hospital today.
4) Don’t run on the stairs. You might _____ down.
5) Can I borrow your pencil? I will _____ it back to you later.
Choose the correct answers to the questions.
1) What did Maki give Luke on his birthday?
2) What did Maki get from playing many games?
d. Ice cream
3) When will Maki visit Luke again?
a. In winter
b. On her birthday
c. After school
d. In summer