1. Shower noun [shou-er]
- a place in which a person stands under a spray of water to wash
2. Stone noun [stohn]
- a small rock or piece of rock
3. Wall noun [wawl]
- one of the sides of a building or room
4. Restaurant noun [res-ter-uh nt, -tuh-rahnt, -trahnt]
- a place where you can eat a meal and pay for it
5. Police noun [puh-lees]
- a group of people who protect people and property, and to prevent crime
Give the word being asked for each number.
_____ 1. a place where you can eat a meal and pay for it
_____ 2. a group of people who protect people and property, and to prevent crime
_____ 3. a place in which a person stands under a spray of water to wash
_____ 4. one of the sides of a building or room
_____ 5. a small rock or piece of rock
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1) He picked up colorful _____ by the river.
2) I take a _____ everyday in summer season.
3) She painted the _____ of her bedroom pink.
4) The man is in danger. We should call the _____.
5) I like this _____. It serves very delicious food and drinks.
Choose the correct answers to the questions.
1) What did Grandma give Taylor for her birthday?
b. Chocolate cake
c. Rice cake
d. A camera
2) When will Mom, Dad and Taylor visit Grandma?
a. Next winter holiday
b. Next spring holiday
c. Next summer holiday
d. Next autumn holiday
3) Grandma did not visit Taylor on her birthday because…
a. She was busy
b. She was not feeling well
c. She was baking a cake
d. She was at work