1. Little adjective [lit-l]
- a small amount, quantity, or degree
2. Much adjective [muhch]
- great in amount, quantity, or degree
3. Early adjective [ur-lee]
- before the usual, expected, or planned time
4. Late adjective [leyt]
- after the proper, expected, or planned time
5. High adjective [hahy]
- tall, having great distance from top to bottom
Give the word being asked for each number.
_____ 1. tall, having great distance from top to bottom
_____ 2. after the proper, expected, or planned time
_____ 3. a small amount, quantity, or degree
_____ 4. great in amount, quantity, or degree
_____ 5. before the usual, expected, or planned time
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1) It snowed heavily last night. There is _____ snow outside.
2) I don’t have much money. I only have a _____ in my wallet.
3) Get the ball! Jump as _____ as you can!
4) I came home at 9:00 p.m. My mom was angry because I was _____ for dinner.
5) We will leave at exactly 12:00 p.m. so we had a/an _____ lunch at 11:00 a.m.
Choose the correct answers to the questions.
1) What do Nora and her parents usually do in summer?
a. They go skiing
b. They go to Nora’s grandparents’ house
c. The plant beautiful flowers
d. They go to Rocky Mountains
2) When did Nora and her parents arrive at their favorite hotel?
a. On December 10
b. On December 5
c. On January 10
d. On January 5
3) Why did the hotel look different in January?
a. Everything around the hotel was white
b. There were many beautiful flowers
c. There were many birds
d. It was not beautiful
4) Nora didn’t know how to ski but…
a. She wanted to cry
b. She wanted to go home
c. She wanted to skate
d. She wanted to learn more
5) Next time, Nora wants to go to Colorado again in…